The first meeting of the Club was held in the schoolhouse of the Church of the Redeemer on April 21, 1908. Lady Moss, daughter of Toronto’s second mayor, Mr. Justice Robert Baldwin Sullivan, was the first president.
For over 100 years the Club has fulfilled the original aims: to promote Canadian identity, to foster an interest in public affairs, and to cultivate an attachment to Canadian institutions. These goals are accomplished through a program of speakers who address important topics of the day including current affairs, the arts, history, science and culture.
The speaker at our 50th anniversary, Lieutenant Governor J.Keillor Mackay, spoke on the British Justice System. However, for our 100th celebration, Lieutenant Governor David C. Onley honoured Canadian Women and their achievements challenging the ‘status quo’ over the past 100 years.